Charters usually run for two hours but may be planned for longer (at an additional charge). We recommend starting your trip at our East Troy Depot so you may visit our museum and gift shop, use the restrooms, pay any balance due, discuss any last minute details, and board for your trip.
There are several possible stops along the way:
• Byrnes Park: Located twenty minutes away from the East Troy Depot, this park includes a shelter with picnic tables and a large playground.
• Elegant Farmer: Located twenty-five minutes away from the Depot, The Elegant Farmer is an upscale shopping experience once featured on the Food Channel. It includes a deli, bakery, and unique farm products. One of our most popular destinations, the Elegant Farmer is known for their Apple Pie baked in the Brown Paper Bag. There are restrooms at the Elegant Farmer.
• Lower Phantom Lake: Located thirty-five minutes away from the Depot, our line wraps around lower Phantom Lake in Mukwonago. This breath-taking view is great for kodak moments!
• Indianhead Park: Located thirty-five minutes away from the Depot, this park includes a sandy beach, a smaller shelter with picnic tables, and restrooms. Indianhead park also has a large parking lot and grassy area perfect for throwing a frisbee or ball.
Our most popular itineraries include:
• East Troy to Indianhead Park, return to the Elegant Farmer for about a half hour stop, then back to East Troy
• East Troy to Byrnes Park, picnic at Byrnes Park for about an hour, return to East Troy
* East Troy to the Elegant Farmer for an hour stop, return to East Troy
The East Troy Railroad is just over six miles long from East Troy to Indianhead Park. The line is single track with passing sidings at East Troy, Army Lake, Beulah, Elegant Farmer, and Indianhead Park.
Equipment available for charters include the open car (suitable for good weather only!), historic streetcars, and enclosed, heated interurbans. Seating capacity of the cars varies between 35 and 80. A two car train with our largest capacity cars will seat 134 comfortably.