• Option 1. A ride aboard our trolleys or interurban railcars from the depot in East Troy to the Elegant Farmer in Mukwonago. It’s a 5 ½ mile ride thru the countryside taking about 20 minutes. The Elegant Farmer is an upscale shopping experience featured on the Food Channel in 2009. It includes a deli, bakery, and unique farm products. The charter makes the return ride back to the depot about an hour later.
• Option 2. A 15 minute ride to Town Hall Park and Playground where children can picnic on tables in the shelter and play on the park’s equipment. Bring your own lunches or box lunches are available. A port-a-potty is available in the park. Return ride just over an hour later.
• Option 3. This 30 minute ride passes Phantom Lake before going to Indian Head Park in Mukwonago. The group can walk along the Mukwonago River before re-boarding for the ride back to the depot. Box lunches are available and can be enjoyed at picnic tables in the park.
• Option 4. A luncheon ride aboard our art deco diner cars from the depot. The cars are heated & air conditioned, have a full service bar and a restroom. The train makes a slow ride to the park in Mukwonago where folks can enjoy a short walk by the river and then re-board for desert on the return ride. The food is catered and served on china with glassware. The menu choices are listed below. *Available Weekends Only*
• Option 5. A dinner train ride aboard our art deco diners. This ride begins at the depot with boarding at 4:45 and departure at 5:30 for a slow ride to the park in Mukwonago as the sun sets over Phantom Lake. After a stroll along the river, guests re-board for dessert on the return ride. The menu choices are listed on our dinner train page.
• Option 6. We can put together a customized charter to meet a group’s desires upon request.
*Please be aware that our vintage cars were built before the AWD Act and are not wheel chair accessible. Passengers must be able to walk up/down steps to get on/off cars.
2013 Charter Rates
• Adults: 1 to 49 @ $10 each with a $300 minimum - 50 and up @ $9 each
• Youth: 1 to 49 @ $6 each with a $200 minimum – 50 and up @ $5 each
There is a $100 per additional hour fee that will be applied to regular charters that extend beyond two hours.
• $1764 for up to 36 plus $49 for each additional to a maximum of 100 Includes tax & gratuity. 50% deposit is required, $200 extra per additional hour.
• $2592 for up to 36 plus $72 for each additional to a maximum of 100 Includes tax & gratuity. 50% deposit is required, $200 extra per additional hour.
East Troy Electric Railroad 2013 Chartered Luncheon Menus
*Available Weekends Only*
-A single choice is made for all on-board-
• Beef Tenderloin Tips in a Burgundy Mushroom Sauce with buttered egg noodles
• Chicken Chardonnay on a bed of Sage dressing with mashed potatoes & gravy
• Boneless Stuffed Pork Chop with a warm apple compote & oven brown potatoes
• Chicken or Beef Stir Fry, Rice Pilaf
• Chicken Marsala or Chicken Picata, Rice Pilaf
The above is served with relish tray, mixed green salad with 2 dressings, vegetable du jour, dinner rolls & butter, choice of 1 dessert item, and coffee, iced tea, or milk
• Chicken Salad White meat chicken salad topped with grapes & pecans and served with fresh fruit and croissants, relishes, choice of 1 dessert item, and coffee or iced tea Dessert Items: Choose Apple, cherry, or blueberry pie or Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting or Fudge iced marble cake
East Troy Electric Railroad 2013 Chartered Dinner Train Menus
QUESTIONS OR TO BOOK A CHARTER CALL 262 – 642 - 3263
• The railroad operates charters from mid-May thru October
• Charters can be arranged for any day of the week at a time convenient for you
• Charters are two hours in length but can be extended for an additional charge
• Docents aboard each train share the history of the railroad
• There is a large parking lot for buses and cars adjacent to the depot